|Charcoal Faux Fur Coat // Baroque Lipsy Dress // Military Knit // Lace Tapered Trousers // Studded Boots|
I don't know about you, but I absolutely love Autumn / Winter, much more so than Spring / Summer. I love being able to wrap up in a chunky knit and slip my feet into my favourite pair of boots (which usually changes every year!) With this in mind I decided to blog about my five key pieces for the season ahead.
1. Faux Fur Coats - I was so pleased to see that faux fur coats were in this season. I practical live in my black faux fur that I bought last year. Not only do they keep you warm and snuggly when it's a little chilly, but they are also perfect for glamming up an outfit. This season the more...how shall I put it? Shaggy? Yes, shaggy style of fur coats are in - have a peek at Fearne Cotton on the October issue of Company Magazine and you'll know exactly what I mean.
2. Baroque Lipsy Dress - This print is literally everywhere and hell yes I love it. I think it is such a versatile print that could be styled in so many different ways. You could style this gorgeous Lipsy dress up with vintage accessories for a classy look, spiked and studded pieces for an edgy take on the trend, or even chic tribal accessories, for a relaxed daytime look.
3. Military Knit - Military styling is set to play a key role in A/W collections this year. I love this khaki coloured knit, which in fact combines two key A/W trends: military styling and studded embellishments. Despite its masculine traits, military style pieces look super chic clashed with floaty midi dresses and girly floral prints.
4. Lace Tapered Trousers - I'm head over heels in love with these black and nude lace trousers. They are simply perfect for creating your own take on A/W's Gothic Romance trend. Wear them with ankle boots and a leather-look jacket for a chic daytime look, dressing them up with metal toe capped heels and a sheer peter pan collar blouse, for a night out in the city.
5. Studded Ankle Boots - Last, but certainly not least, I have chosen this gorgeous pair of studded ankle boots. You simply can't go wrong with stud embellished clothing and accessories this season. I have already seen many bloggers doing their own DIY projects on their clothing! Wear these ankle boots with a pair of skinny jeans or a skater style dress for an edgy look.
So what do you think of my A/W picks? I hope they have left you feeling excited for the season ahead. I'm practically going to have to sit on my hands to stop myself from purchasing them!